April 17, 2009

5K PR- Gator Gallop. 15 minutes.

My family (who, is unknown), and I are going to run the Gator Gallop tomorrow. I haven't run this in like 2 years and this is the race in which my present PR is held. I can't remember the last 5k that I did but it has been over a year and 5ks have brought me nothing but displeasure every time I run one. But for some reason this is always a good one. Since it has been many years since my PR, I am sure I can break my last one ( 24:17 ). This one is not fun to look at because I know that I can and have beat it, just not officially. In the Bayou City Classic 10k, my 5k time was just over 23 minutes, so I am hoping for around 22 minutes or maybe even under...

There is only one catch. I have only run 3 miles this week. I have no worries though because I successfully ran 40-41 miles last week so I needed the recover after my 15 miler on Saturday. but whatever.

This was an overly extensive blog post to tell you that I am running a race tomorrow and I want to PR a way out-dated PR. So I hope it goes well.

No comments: