June 8, 2009

The Start of Something Great.

Dad and I were talking one day while running about a certain event and how some people take it as the beginning of something great or the end of something great. Moving was, at one time the beginning of something great, a new chapter in life, a next step in this journey called life. The point is coming, though, where moving seems as if the end of something. The end of a chapter. I can’t bear the thought of leaving my friends. But this can’t be the end of my relationship I have with every one of you. I have been thinking about what friends will leave me and move on and who will keep in touch for years to come, but I don’t want to think about that. People keep asking me,” Are you sad or excited?” and the truth is I am way completely excited. Excited about too many things that I am worried I will be disappointed. But the truth is also that I am getting to a low point about leaving everyone behind in America. It seems like a heavy weight is pushing me down to my knees.

 

Then, the other day I was doing a devotional, and a verse popped up that said,” Do not worry about anything, but instead pray about everything.” So these last few days I have tried hard to lay everything down on God. I went to 6:33 and the service was great! It got my mind going about why I am a Christian and why I believe what I believe. This gave me hope and lifted some of those weights off my shoulders. Then came the party after 6:33. We played and had such a good time that it only further showed me what I would miss. But it also showed me that I have some incredible friends who, no matter what direction we go in, we will always keep in great touch and continue to have a great time. So now, with this new found encouragement and trust I have in God, my point of view has changed. The move is a start of a new chapter because whether I like it or not, this is my next step with God, and in order to continue my walk with God, it has to happen. Things are starting to look bright again.

No comments: