June 18, 2009

In Tokyo

So I am here on a plane, 35,000 feet in the air with the temperature like negative 50-60 degrees outside traveling over 600 miles an hour and I am comfortable in business class with flight attendants serving me coffee and sushi. If that is not overwhelming or unimaginable to you then there is something seriously wrong. Technology amazes me. I have been on more uses of transportation in the last 15 hours than I have in my life. But as every second goes by, every foot of distance, I am the farthest away from my home in America than I have ever been. It all started to be real to me very quickly as our first plane took off.  Even though we were going in reverse, from Dallas back to Houston, the whole trip started to really creep up on me. I am not going on a vacation. This is a some-what permanent home for me and to say the least, I am so crazy excited. It’s hard to think that even though there may not be a physical marker to show that this is a new chapter in my life, God has completely showed me and made an emotional mark telling me that t

his is a next step and that I am going to love every bit of it.

 

But anyway, I will try to post this in Tokyo. Right now we have about 5 or 6 more hours before landing and I am jamming out to some Creed and Coldplay. House has kept me good company and especially Everybody Loves Raymond. The stupid flight only had 3 episodes though. Haha .  The Pink Panther 2 was quite disappointing. I didn’t find it as funny as the first. I will write again after we land in Singapore and maybe post some pictures. The lady is walking around right now and I want more coffee so I am leaving. Man I am gonna hate couch after being spoiled in business class………….


I'm here in Tokyo... haha posting this post.

No comments: