July 19, 2008

le Tour de France

Man I love the Tour de France. I couldn’t tell you why but… hey do I have to have a reason. I have been watching since I was about ten or even earlier than that. There is something about people riding a bike 200 kilometers a day for 23 days. Man that has to take some serious endurance. And to top it off… around about stage 17 is when it starts heading into the Alps of France. Heart rates rise up to over 200 and riders start falling one by one. The master of these Alps is a man named Lance Armstrong. I hope you’ve heard of him but not only was he the king of the Alps but also won the Tour de France like 7 stinkin times in a row. And that was after he battled cancer for two years.

This year I was going for a guy named Alejandro Valverde from Spain because he looked like he would win but now he is like 5 minutes back. In the lead right now, I think, is a guy named Cadel Evans from Australia. So maybe I should go for him now but… I don’t know…… Maybe I’ll just watch.

No comments: