March 20, 2009

Cars and Camping... Both Sweet!

Get off the road!!! I now have a driver's license and love it. It won't be for long though because I can't drive in Singapore but whatever.

More importantly (I think) I turned 16 on the 18th of March and let me tell you, it was sweet! First off I was camping with awesome friends with awesome names in which I can't spell. I was invited by the Waguespacks to go with them to Bastrop Lake and it was so much fun. Other than the freezing cold weather the first day, I had a great time. We kayaked, fished like no other, biked and popped as many tires as there are thorns on the ground. I had my birthday while I was there and Mrs. Waguespack made an awesome peach cobbler that I couldn't stop eating. I had an incredible time with everyone there and can't wait for another camping experience!



Having a car means a few things...

- I can go get coffee whenever I want (just kidding, but more often than not)

-I will become very broke due to this new coffee intake.

-I can retire my bike until... I can save up enough for an awesome road bike

- I can go run anywhere! I don't have to take the usual walk down the road and start at Sycamore thing. I hate routines.

-My trail running career can start. I just have to find some.

-I can drive to work instead of bugging my mom to pick me up every day.

-I can rev the engine in this little Ford Ranger since it is a standard. I am excited. Standards are fun but complicated. Oh and by the way I will not be revving my engine because I hate it when people do that when they drive by a pedestrian! Geeeeeeeez...

-I can now drive to the deer lease instead of hitching a ride and changing everyone's plans because of my school. (I have not talked this one over with my mother)

-Appearances at local ultimate Frisbee games will increase.

1 comment:

praynlady said...

They have local frisbee shows? Hmmmm....I did not know this..

I am still working out details and when I have them, I'll contact your ma, and we'll do our birthday trip.....details....details....