September 12, 2009

What's been going on in the world of Jakeb

Well, I technically don't have a world but the title sounded good. I have got lots of things going on or about to go on.

Running... I have not really been running. I got sick and have "actually" been out for 2 weeks or so. I have run the long runs necessary and a little in between but getting up in the mornings just got harder and harder. Tomorrow morning I will try to run 12 with dad. Hopefully it will all be well.

School is okay. Not really excited about the next two years. College sounds really good at the moment because the U.S. sounds really good at the moment. Thoughts of graduating early are creeping up in my mind and I am sure my parents are not ready for that. I really, really miss having great Christian friends to talk to all the time and do stuff with. In the school I am in, I can't find that. No one shares the same belief as I do and it doesn't help my faith all that much. But on the school note, I have way too much homework, or way more than I ever had in the U.S. and I do not like it one bit. I constantly have 1000 word essays to do and math homework every night and studying for a physics test or something like that. It feels like all the teachers are only thinking of themselves and that one class. When they think a few problems is easy to do in one night, they give us a few more, not thinking that we have 7 other subjects. I don't like to stay in my room for a long time, so I try to get to Starbucks when I have the money because it is some-what of a home away from home. Good coffee and sometimes a song that has come from the other side of the meridian.

Next, I signed up for a 5 day bike ride through Angkor, Cambodia where it is all country and a whole bunch of ancient temples and stuff. We ride about 20 Km a day to different sights. I wish it was more. One of my pet peaves is waiting on people slower than me. Not that I am fast, but I like to get where I am going. I guess you could say I like to do things my way. But I just hope we can ride an average speed and that their aren't a whole bunch of people that like to wine. That and I really hope we are nowhere near the city. I would hate to go to Cambodia to ride in the wilderness and hear some cars and motor bikes in the distance. Not fun at all.

And last but most likely first is Nepal. Mom, Anna, Dad, and me are all going to Pokhara, Nepal to experience the Himalayan Mountains and me and dad will do some hiking up to Poon Hill and some how end back down in Pokhara in three days. Not sure how it will all work out but dad has been and hopefully he knows his stuff. While we are not hiking, the whole family will be doing some shopping in Pokhara and some good eating as well. I hear they like Daal Bot their.

But that is what is happening at the moment. I also am trying to raise money for going back to Kenya. In order to do that I am trying to get quotes on a shirt so I can sell them to whomever wants to buy them. If anyone who is reading this wants one then comment please. You could be one of the firsts to have a really cool looking shirt designed by my completely awesome, artistic cousin Erin. Not sure how much they will be but I am sure you won't waste your money. I also except prayers... I really like prayers and so does God.

Well now you are caught up in the life of Jakeb...

1 comment:

Tori said...

Don't rush through the next two years...you'll regeret it! It might be tough but college will come soon enough and trust me the homework won't slow down then :) Enjoy Cambodia and yall have enough fun in Nepal for me too ok?